MBA (Concentration in Accounting or Finance)
The M.B.A. program at CSUSB consists of 48 quarter units designed for both full time students and the working professional. MBA graduate classes meet twice a week and are offered at 4,6, or 8pm, on a Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday schedule.
All students are required to take seven core classes as follows:
Core Classes (28 units):
- ACCT 606: Accounting for Managerial Decision Making (4)
- FIN 602: Financial Theory and Corporate Finance (4)
- INFO 609: Information Management Systems (4)
- MGMT 601: Organization Theory and Behavior (4)
- MGMT 685: Corporate Strategy in a Global Economy (4)
- MKTG 605: Marketing Management (4)
- SCM 607: Managing the Supply Chain (4)
Students also take five classes in one of two concentrations (i.e., Accounting or Finance).
Accounting Concentration (20 units)
Provides emphasis on public accounting, management accounting, or internal auditing: or, in the areas of government and not-for-profit accounting or taxation. Additional undergraduate accounting classes are needed to fulfill the CPA requirements.
(Prerequisite: ACCT 606 for all five courses)
1. ACCT 610: Financial Reporting and Disclosure (4)
2. ACCT 615: Controllership (4)
3. ACCT 620: Internal Auditing and Management Controls (4)
4. Four units chosen from :
- ACCT 625: Seminar in Accounting Information Systems (4)
- ACCT 629: Seminar in Tax and Business Decisions (4)
- ACCT 642: International Accounting (4)
5. One additional elective (4 units) either chosen from the two courses not chosen in category 4 above, or any other 600-level business administration course approved by the MBA director and the department chair.
Finance Concentration (20 units)
The finance concentration is designed for those seeking advancement or employment in banks, brokerage firms, investment banking, consulting firms, insurance companies, credit unions or with other institutions that make financial decisions.
1. FIN 651: Financial Institutions and Markets (4)
2. FIN 653: Investments Analysis and Portfolio Management (4)
3. FIN 654: International Finance (4)
4. FIN 680: Corporate Financial Strategy (4)
5. Four units chosen from:
- FIN 523: Security Trading and Analysis (4)
- FIN 527: Financial Derivatives (4)
- FIN 534: Export-Import Financing (4)
- FIN 546: Student Managed Investment Fund (2)
- FIN 555: Trade and Business in Asia (4)
- FIN 585: Real Estate Finance (4)
- FIN 622: Internship and Venture Finance (4)
- FIN 655: Management of Financial Institutions (4)
- FIN 675: Internship in Finance (4)
- FIN 690: Advanced Topics in Finance (4)
- INFO 646: Information Systems Planning, Strategy and Policy (4)